Saturday, April 11, 2015

It's all about the details...

When I watch films, I tend to be very picky, I notice the smaller details and point them out. This has gotten to a point where my friends label me a "buzzkill". I say, long live the buzz killers. Part of the enjoyment of film is finding the little details- otherwise, we wouldn't have the Pixar theory, or the theory that all of Tarantino's films took place in the same universe. We wouldn't have Rifftrax or CinemaSins. So for all of you nitpickers and buzzkills out there, I'll list all of the above referenced pages for you to check out.

The Pixar Theory

This is a theory that I discovered a while ago from John Green, the author of The Fault in Our Stars. This theory suggests that all of the pixar movies exist in the same universe. All of the movies are put into chronological order, and put on a track for a massive war. If this sounds interesting to you at all, you should definitely check it out!




The Tarantino Universe Theory

For all of the Tarantino fans out there, this is for you! This theory states that all of Tarantino's films take place in the same universe AND that Tarantino even wrote in an alternate world history (if you've seen Inglorious Basterds, you know exactly what that entails). The link I've included shows the universe theory, a commentary of the meaning behind Inglorious Basterds, and the theory of what's in the famous briefcase from Pulp Fiction.

Rifftrax
Rifftrax is commentary at it's finest. The crew at rifftrax record hilarious commentary to popular movies as well as forgotten (mostly awful) B-movies from previous decades. If you are remotely familiar with Mystery Science Theatre 3000, then the cheesy, even campy humor is right up your alley.




CinemaSins

Out of all of the items on this list, this might be the pickiest of them all. CinemaSins is a commentary that rips films apart. A film's amount of "sins" are tallied, and the film is given a score based on that count. But it's not just films being put to the test- music videos, video games, and even commercial brands. What's said at the top rings true for the whole channel: No movie is without sin.


7 comments:

  1. I watched "The Pixar Theory" because I grew up watching and owning all those beloved classics. Even to this day I become excited when a new animated movie is hitting the theaters! This entire video blew my mind. It's crazy to believe that all these different story lines can be actually connected in some way. The part that shocked me the most was that Boo, the little girl from Monsters Inc. was actually the witch from Brave. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post, I'm always skeptical on these subliminal stories behind film franchises like Pixar mainly because people have wild imaginations. But I like to entertain the theory, they do put great meaning into their films so i wouldn't put it past them. Hopefully they'll make a movie one day to connect all the characters and clarify for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pixar theory was awesome, It's pretty well thought out. I don't completely agree with it but entertaining none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super picky too! I cannot stand inconsistencies in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post. I'm good friends with Bryce Korf, you may know him. He picks apart films like you wouldn't believe and sometimes it drives me insane. That's his passion though, and I respect you guys for it! You should hear him discuss what he thinks of the recently released picture of Jared Leto as the Joker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the tarantino theory is very mind blowing

    ReplyDelete