Saturday, April 25, 2015

Musicals on the big screen.

The film industry is familiar with adaptions. It seems like every few months a film is made that is directly based on a book, TV show, video game, etc. Today, we're going to talk about the best films adapted from stage musicals. If you're anything like me, a huge theatre buff, you should fall in love with this list. Before we dive in, I would like to point out that this list is completely based on my personal opinion.

West Side Story


Music Man


The Sound of Music


Chicago 


Into the Woods


Rocky Horror Picture Show

3 comments:

  1. Being a theatre kid I love movie musicals! There hasn't yet been a movie musical that has let me down. My personal favorites are Hairspray, Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods and Les Mis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love The Sound of Music! It is so long but so good. I haven't seen Into the Woods yet, but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very disappointed with into the woods! Thought it would be much better

    ReplyDelete